Understanding Q-assign's Architecture & Security
Ortoo Q-assign is an "app" that runs in the Salesforce (SFDC) platform to extend the functionality of Salesforce. It consists of a package of code (i.e. logic) and data storage structures, both of which reside 100% within the Salesforce platform instance as a Managed Package. Q-assign can access data within the Salesforce platform instance but does not access any networks or data outside of the Salesforce platform instance. It runs in a defined user context within Salesforce. User access to the Q-assign application and data structures is controlled by the built-in access control features of Salesforce, including Profiles and Permission Sets, as well as Q-assign user licensing. Q-assign comes with 3 built-in Permission Sets (User, Manager, and Administrator) which can be assigned to Salesforce Users to give them an appropriate level of access to Q-assign functionality and data. Additional Permission Sets can be defined if required.
Evaluating and changing ownership of Leads, Opportunities, Cases or any other standard or custom object in Salesforce according to a set of configurable rules, and taking into account various data available within Salesforce, including workload, availability, and whether users are currently logged into Salesforce.
Optionally performing other actions on those records, in addition to changing ownership. This includes updating values of fields or sending a notification to notify a user that an item has been assigned to them.
Monitoring the above activities, and alerting to any warnings or errors encountered.
Viewing and reporting on the above activities.
When Q-assign has been installed in a Salesforce org, Ortoo has access to the following only:
- Q-assign licenses - Ortoo can add/remove licenses, turn on and off-licenses, change license type, and can see how many licenses have been used out of the ones assigned to a customer
- Q-assign version number - Ortoo can see what version of the Ortoo software is being used by a customer
- Q-assign patches and upgrades - Ortoo can push patches and upgrades of the Ortoo apps through to customer SFDC orgs
- The above facilities are provided by the Salesforce platform framework only. Ortoo does not have any direct access to the customer Salesforce org
- Ortoo does not have any other access to customer Salesforce orgs and so can't see any customer data unless temporary access is explicitly granted by a customer to Ortoo, e.g. to allow the Ortoo support team to look at an issue
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.