Member Points Scoring Rules for better Salesforce Workload Management
Member Points Scoring Rules allows workload for each team member to be calculated by a more sophisticated set of rules based on points being scored for various configurable conditions, such as scoring the workload of each existing case they are dealing with for the amount of their effort it will require. Each team member can be given a different workload threshold in terms of points (how much workload each can handle).
This feature only calculates points for Active Records owned by a member. Separate points for each Active Record owned by a member is calculated and then added together to show the Active Load Points of each member. Based on these load points, incoming records will get assigned to member with either highest points or lowest points based on Assignment Mode.
Following two rules are available in Assignment Mode and they can primarily be used to assign records to member with lowest load or to the member that is the best match e.g., skill. Active Load Points of the member are only calculated in these two modes.
- Points Based - Highest Points - this mode allows expressions to be defined that calculate a number of points per member for the current record, and will allow the member with the highest points to be selected to assign the record to. This mode is ideal for cases in which it is most desirable to assign a record to a member with particular skills e.g., language.
- Points Based - Lowest Points - this mode allows expressions to be defined that calculate a number of points per member for the current record, and will allow the member with the lowest points to be selected to assign the record to.
Setup and configure Member Points Calculation Rule as below:
- Go to QA Assignment Groups, select Assignment Group
- Select either Points Based - Highest Points or Points Based - Lowest Points as Assignment Mode
- Go to Member Points Calculation Rule | New
Following fields are optional in Assignment Rules section of AG and can be configured if required.
- Load Points Field - it allows to select a field on target object representing the effort/load required for a particular record
- Max Assignment Points Cap - it allows a maximum cap on the number of load points that can be assigned to each member. A record only gets assigned if sum of Active Load Points and Load Points Field (if set) of the record is less than the Max Assignment Cap.
Various sections in Member Points Calculation Rule and respective fields are discussed below.
Details of each parameter of Member Points Calculation Condition is described below:
- Object - it can be the AG's target object or the user object on which subsequent conditions can be set
- Field - depending on the object selected, it shows the fields of either AG's object or user object
- Operator - it is used to compare object/user field with another field of object/user or a fixed value (explained below)
- Value Type - it allows to compare object/user field selected in Field with following values or fields:
- Fixed Value - if selected, allows to compare with a fixed value
- Value - e.g., 100, can be set to compare with either target object or user field
- Object - if selected, allows to compare with target object fields
- Value Field- it shows the fields of target object
- User - if selected, allow to compare with user fields
- Value Field- it shows the fields of user object
This section allows to add different points to a member to which a record has been assigned. It should be noted that criterion set in Member Points Calculation Condition (explained above) must be true to add points to members.
- Points Type - this option allows to select either Fixed or Field or Date Points to be added to a member.
- Fixed Value - a fixed value can be added to a member. This value is shown in Active Load Points against each member in Group Members section of AG.
- i.e., 50 can be added to Fixed Value
- Field Value - Object's certain field can also be set. This further allows to set which object, field and multiplier to be set.
- Object - this option allows to select either object of AG or user object
- Field - it shows the fields of the Object selected above. Only numeric fields of the objects are shown here
- Multiplier - a multiplier e.g., 2, can be set here which after addition of all Field values of records owned by a member, is then multiplied to.
- SUM WHERE (DATE RANGE) - it allows to add points to member based on object's date field e.g., Due Date.
- Numeric Value Field- this list shows only numeric fields of the object and it is used with multiplier to add points to member
- Date Field - date fields of the target object are listed here.
- From Date - it is used with To Date (described below) to compare if Date Field value is in between. Date can be entered in either 24/4/2017 or Now format. It lists the Date field of the AG object along with other option like NOW() and (Any Date)
- To Date - it is used with From Date to compare if Date Field value is in between, e.g., if Date Field =24/4/2017, From Date =20/4/2017 and To Date = 26/4/2017, then points will be added to member as Date Field lies between them. Date can be entered in either 24/4/2017 or NOW() format e.g. NOW()+1.
- Multiplier - a multiplier e.g., 2, can be set here which is then multiplied to Numeric Value Field. The multiplier multiplies the result, e.g., say there are three Active case records in the date range with Numeric Value Field values of 5, 3 and 12, then the SUM would be 20. If the multiplier is 1.1 then the final number of points that this rule outputs is 22. These points then get added to the total for this member. The multiplier could be negative too, e.g., ‐1 or ‐3.5.
- Action on Error - following options are available if any error is encountered for a record in evaluation of condition expression set in Member Points Calculation Condition
- Set a Value - this option allows to add a specific value to Load Points of a member if condition expression fails
- Value - e.g., 25 can be set as value
- Skip this Calculation - skip calculation for this record if condition expression fails
- Skip this member - if error occurs in evaluation of a condition expression for a record then a member selected to assign the record will be skipped.
- Skip trying to assign this record - select if a record should not get assigned if condition expression fails
Please contact us at email@example.com for any questions.