All You Need to Know About the Q-assign Quick Start Guide
Q-assign provides automatic assignment of Leads, Cases, Opportunity, Contact, Account, Task and Event from a source queue or user to the most suitable user (or queue) based on availability, workload, skill, account ownership or any other attributes that you configure. Alternatively, a simple 'round-robin' rotation can be used.
In Q-assign, you will set up teams of users called Assignment Groups (AGs for short) which can each have different sets of rules for automatic assignment. Users can also be allowed to manually 'pull' records from the queue according to the AG rules, preventing them from being able to 'cherry pick' supported objects from the source.
Managers can monitor and manage the status and availability of team members (called AG Members), and view their statistics. Managers can also view which records are overdue for action and assign them back to the queue to be re-assigned, or assign out extra records to team members.
Users can be allowed to manage their own availability, and 'pull' the next Lead or Case. See more details in User Status.
Analytics allow performance of Q-assign and team members to be analyzed, so that continuous improvements can be made and measured.
These areas are described in more detail below for each tab of Q-assign.
QA Assignment Groups define a selected list of target users and/or queues to use when assigning ownership of supported objects from a specified source, along with a number of rules for determining which records to select from the source queue or user, which order to assign them out in, and who to assign them to, based on availability, workload, skill, language, territory, account ownership or any other attributes that you wish to configure.
QA Control Panel schedules job automatically according to the frequency, which can be set in minutes. Stats related to Scheduler last run can also be seen: like how many Groups or Records get processed. Scheduler can be started and stopped here.
QA Unreviewed Assignments lists the records which have been assigned to members and have not been reviewed by the members. These records can then be assigned back to the source queue or user depending on a supported object. Records can be filtered based on Object, Source queue or user, Assignment Group and Member.
QA User Status details member status (active), availability (logged in) and manual assignment options. User can be enabled or disabled for any group and records can be assigned manually (pull mode) by the user.
QA Analytics allow users to configure and run various "Data Views" which extracts and visualizes various statistics about performance of Assignment Groups, members and queues.
QA About lists the current version of Q-assign and shows the links of help site.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Taking it further...
Once you have done the main setup above, you may want to configure or look into other areas of Q-assign, depending on your use case.
Click on the links below to see help on the following subjects:
- QA Control Panel – this is where Q-assign makes assignments either automatic or manual. Automatic assignments are scheduled by QA Control Panel
- QA Unreviewed Assignment – this page, list the records which have been assigned and have not been yet reviewed or updated by the Members. These records can be filtered, selected and can be re-assigned to the source from which they have been assigned. This is useful in cases when the object records although assigned to member have not been worked on and then allows to re-assign them back so that the required action can be taken.
- QA User Status – this is where the availability of a User can be set. Users can also be Enabled/Disabled for Assignment Groups in this section. Once Users are disabled for an AG, they are no longer able to get records from that AG.
- QA Analytics – this page, will allow users to configure and run various "Data Views" with will extract and visualize various statistics about performance of Assignment Groups, members and queues. It helps to increase the response time towards assignments and to close or work them quickly.
- Permission Sets – easily assign users to 3 built-in levels of Q-assign access
- Working Hours Schedule - Working Hours Schedule allows to schedule turn off Assignment Group at certain times. Assignment Group will only be processed during working hours, which can be defined by the user according to the requirements.
- Actions – this is where you can perform some action on the record after assignment has been made
- Follow Me Rule- this assigns new records which are either duplicates or similar to already assigned records to same member
- Member Lookup – this allows to specify an object to look up from the record which contains a field that can be matched to a field of the Member
- Load Scoring - this feature allows workload for each team member to be calculated by a more sophisticated set of rules based on points being scored for various configurable conditions, such as scoring the workload of each existing case they are dealing with for the amount of their effort it will require
- Member Level Setting – this setting allows at member level to get records assigned from Assignment Group source
- Working/Shift Hours per Member- this setting will allow the assignments to the Members (Users) as per their 'Working/Shift Hours' defined in the their (Member) Settings
- User Status Component on Sidebar - this is where, users can easily set their overall and per Assignment Group availability