How to add 'Take Ownership' button on an Object's layout
User can own a record by pressing the 'Take Ownership' button on Object's (e.g., Leads, Case etc.) layout. Please follow the instructions below to add the 'Take Ownership' button to the object's layout.
- Go to Your Name | Setup
- In the search box, type the standard object you want to add Take Ownership button to. In case of a custom object, go to Setup | Objects and then select your custom object
- Select Page Layouts, which is under Object name (Lead in this example)
- Click Edit in Object Page Layout, on the right side of the page
- Click on the Buttons, on the next page in the Object Layout section
- Select and hold Take Ownership and drag down the page until you see a green part of the page
- You can drag & drop Take Ownership button on the layout now
- Click Save
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.