How to re-assign Q-assign records back to the source queue
Re-assign the records back to the source queue if they have not been worked on for certain time
It is sometimes required to re-assign the records back to the source queue if they have not been worked on (e.g., Lead/Case Status not being changed for a certain period of time). Q-assign allows such records to put back in the source queue. These records are then re-assigned to the appropriate member through the same group they have been initially assigned.
In this solution, Q-assign looks at the time elapsed of a record since assignment. If the elapsed time is greater than the configured time, then it assigns the record back to the source queue. Afterwards that record is picked up by Q-assign to be assigned to the members in the next run. For example, if configured time is 2 minutes, then Q-assign looks at the elapsed time of the assigned records by a certain Assignment Group (which can be set) and then re-assign it back to the members.
Following configuration needs to be set up to re-assign the records:
- A Formula field on the object whose records need to re-assigned. This formula returns the time elapsed since the record assignment.
- Formula Return Type: Number
- Decimal Places: 10
- Formula: NOW() - ortoo_qra__Q_assign_Last_Assigned_Date__c
- A new Assignment Group with Source Queue set as --None-- (this group will assign the already assigned record to the source queue based on the criteria)
- Following Queue Selection Criteria is needed in the Assignment Group and can be changed based on the conditions for re-assignment
- Criteria 1: Assigned From Group equals Id of the Assignment Group assigning records to the members (you can get the Assignment Group ID by running query in dev console: SELECT id, name from ortoo_qra__assignment_group__c )
- Criteria 2: Time since assignment (formula field) Greater than or equals to 0.0013888888 (this will look for records with time since assignment greater/equal to 2 minutes)
Value of 'Time since assignment' can be calculated for X minutes as: X/1440 where X represent the time (in minutes) since assignment of the record. For example, if the records to be re-assigned are not being worked on for more than 5 minutes since the assignment, then the value of 'Time since assignment' will be 5/1440=0.0034722222
- Criteria 3: There should be another criteria set, which represents that the record is still either 'unread', 'unseen' or 'haven't been worked on yet'. E.g., Lead status equals Open. This will allow Q-assign to only pick up Open status Leads and re-assign back if certain time has passed since their assignment
- Add Source Queue of the Assignment Group, which is assigning the records to the members, as a Member to this newly created group
Please note that for each source queue, a new re-assignment group needs to be configured as explained in the steps above.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.