How to send email notifications whenever a Case record is assigned by Q-assign
Send email notifications whenever a record is assigned
Salesforce allows notifications to be sent whenever a record owner is changed by creating a notification system. In this system, an email alert is sent to the record owner whenever a record is assigned by Q-assign. This method uses the Salesforce built-in 'Flow' to evaluate some conditions and, if all true, then sends an email alert to the owner of that record. As Salesforce is now fully migrating to Flows, they can also be leveraged for these notifications.
- Go to Setup | Quick Find / Search |Flow
- Click on New Flow to create a Flow and select Record-Triggered Flow type and click create
- On new wizard, select the target object as Case
- Set Trigger Type as A record is Created or Updated
- Set Condition Requirement as All Conditions are met (AND)
Now add the following criteria or conditions in the Set Conditions section:
Owner ID Is changed True
Owner ID Starts with 005
- Q-assign Last Assigned Date Is changed True
- Now the configuration should look like this.
- Click on Done
- Now, click on Add Actions, select Send Email as Action Type and give it a name.
- Setup your Email Alert
- Click Save and give the flow an appropriate name and description, and then activate the flow by clicking Activate button on the top right corner of the page.
This set up is now ready to send email notifications to the new owners of the records.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Was this information helpful?
Thank you Your feedback helps us to continually improve our content.